Does anyone know why they are lighting the twin towers of light ( I am not sure what they are called) for 32 days? I can not figure out the significance of 32 days…
I watched the CBS special on 9/11 last night (Does anyone know what it was called? Maybe just 9/11), and I have several comments.
– For some reason, I twinged every time I saw 9/11, brought to you by NEXTEL. I am not one of those fruity anti-capitalist bastards who rails against industry, but I just don’t think that if I were a Nextel officer I would allow that sort of word association to be a possibility.
– The Fire Department reminded me of my old platoon. Buncha tough guys with big hearts doing jobs no one else will do for less money than they should be paid. That kinda comaraderie is hard to find anywhere outside the military and para-military groups).
– The sound of the impact from the jumpers was horrifying.
– The two Frenchmen that filmed the show reminded me what I had already learned when I lived in Germany for three years. Most Europeans are good people, and very much like us. They love America just like we love Paris and we love London. There really is no great animus between us or towards each other. It is their leaders who are the twerps we despise….
– All I could really think when it was all over (despite being drained and thinking it had been VERY tastefully done) was thos F
Bravenet is back up and funtional, so I have switched back to them. I had 2400 hits last week, which, btw- was my 2nd best week so far. At any rate because of bravenet going down, and me not switching to a new service for several days, the exact number of people who have come to this sight is now a fantasy- although probably more accurate than a Bellesiles book. You get what you pay for, right?
This is why I have not posted much lately. Every time I try to do something, blogger dies. Supposedly (according to status.blogger.com), I am able to post images now. However, there is no UPLOAD image button like there was last week. Weird how blogger works. Last week, there is an upload image icon that DOES NOT WORK. This week, apparently you can upload pictures/images, BUT THERE IS NO ICON.
Uncle. I give.
According to this story, Osama was frequently sedated and in pain, and under pressure from ‘work.’