Good Morning All,
So far, this feature has been about travel, with the occasional “local” picture or two. I think limiting this to just travel is just that – limiting. So I’m changing this up a bit to include neat, colorful, funny, interesting, poignant, etc. pictures that don’t require travel.
As always, if you’re on a trip or have a story to share, you can just pitch in below.
I’m pleased to announce the release of the new picture submission tool for this feature. Using this tool will ensure I don’t mess things up, will make it much less time-consuming for me, and will make for a much easier process all the way around. This would not be possible without the efforts of valued commenter Major Major Major Major. His help has been invaluable in this feature, not to mention in the pie filter and rotating quote.
The form is here and has a few simple rules:
- You have to have made at least one comment that’s been approved/published.
- It’s a picture and not too big (you can include up to 7 pictures in a single submission)
- You must include your commenter screenname and email (kept private) to verify you, just like making a comment. Only your nym is published.
- No more than 10 form entries per hour.
- You can include an overall description, per-picture descriptions, dates, locations, etc.
If you are a lurker and thus not a commenter, or should you wish to submit a video, archive of multiple pictures, links to pictures hosted online, or want to include more text or pictures than the form allows, send an email.
Travel safely everyone, even if it’s just down the hall for that second cup of coffee!