I realize I should just accept that Generalisimo Jeebus Galt — who wants to starve the poor, punish retailers who don’t celebrate his birthday loudly enough, invade random countries, and hate teh gay — has nothing in common with the hippie Jesus described in the New Testament. But I still find this kind of thing funny and sad (via Far East Cynic):
This may be my favorite song about the beauty of this nation, but it’s hard to find on YouTube.
What’s going on chez vous?
I should have made you pay me to do this.
So I missed wishing everybody a Happy first night of Chanukah, but commentor J. at J-Two-O gives me a chance to rectify my oversight…
As an animist, and a progressive, I believe in celebrating every possible festival of lights. The Neopagan calendar’s four cross-quarter festivals are Imbolc (candles), Beltane (bonfires), Lammas (hearthfires) and Samhain (lanterns). Those of you who follow other traditions are gonna have to send me emails (click my name near the top of the right-hand column) to bring me up to speed, though… I know there must be some wonderful Diwali YTs…
If red panda cubs can’t improve your mood, well… got any suggestions?
I thought I’d do the reader blogs early today, before anyone dips into their Four Loko stockpile.
- Dolphin Kazoo wonders if the Greeks will become Godless communists like the Cubans.
- Emily Hauser reports back from the Holy Lands.
- Cheryl Rofer says meet the arsenic boss, same as the phosphorous boss.
- Libby Spencer is angry that OFA wants people to write letters in support of the federal worker wage freeze.
- WeSeeYou unearths a motherlode of live YouTube of the Reverend. If you don’t enjoy this, you hate America.
- Raked recommends a Daphne Zuniga Lifetime Christmas movie to enjoy over a cup of General Foods International Coffee.