Just a quick note, and most importantly, thanks to John for his patience, and to all of you for your patience, advice, help, and critiques. It’s a better site because of all of us.
I don’t think most folks realize how much time it takes to read all the feedback and then organize what needs to be done. So I’m moving slowly today as I’ve only tweaked a few things so far. Many more to come. The rough plan:
- Finish desktop site
- some more font tweaking
- replacing single recent pots/comments widget with the original pair
- edit them a bit – font, styling
- a slight edit or two to comment spacing (right margin)
- get Quick Links full configured correctly (menu stuff, nothing changes for you)
- update/add a plugin or two
- do a thorough go-over of the site back-end to ensure I didn’t miss copying some setting or option from the test server
- remove credit crap for social media plugin at bottom of page
- Work on Mobile site
- remove duplicate reply that causes threaded comments to appear
- add date/time to comments
- add comment number
- perhaps the up/down arrow controls
- adjust font sizes
- investigate why it’s not working or switching on some tablets
And that should wrap things up for what you will see. Once these changes are done, they’ll be committed to our repository and I will work on a few more repository-related things.
I plan to throw up a Site Maintenance post every few months as a forum for complaints or suggestions, but don’t forget the Contact option under Quick Links at the top of the page.
Thanks to all who donated, John just paid me and I really appreciate all your generosity!