Getting my parents Christmas gifts is impossible. They really don’t want more stuff and if I give them cash, they give it back. ?
This year, since I was traveling home last week, I decided the best thing I could do was cook for them. So that’s what I did. I made twelve meals for two.
Spinach Tomato Soup (recipe here)
Spinach Lasagna (recipe here)
Chicken Tortilla Soup (recipe here)
Shredded Chicken – I shredded two pounds of chicken that I cooked with garlic, sage, rosemary and basil in the Multi-Pot/Instant Pot. They can then use it for chicken salad or BBQ chicken.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb chicken, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 32 ounces of veggie broth ( I use my vitamix to blend carrots, celery, garlic, onion to make a quick, nutritious vegetable broth)
- 12-ounce sliced carrots (I use frozen)
- 12-ounce green beans (I use frozen)
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 onion diced (optional, my parents love onions)
- 10 oz of small bowtie pasta or egg noodles.