The new site has been live for a week! We just received submission 100 through the Site Feedback form. Who knew you guys would actually use the form? I had faith, but I’m not sure anyone else did! LOL
This thread is specifically about any commenting issues that may remain. Have you have experienced any of these issues since Monday?
- Is @nym not consistently showing up when you reply to another commenter?
- After you post a comment, do you have to manually refresh the page or post another comment before your previously posted comment shows up?
- If your comment doesn’t appear right away, where do land after posting your comment?
- After you post a comment, are you taken to the comment you have been posted, or do you sometime bounce to the top?
- Are any of the formatting buttons disappearing?
- Does your edit window close before the 5-minute window has elapsed?
- Have any of your comments shown up after posting, and then disappeared after that?
If you are experiencing any of those things, or any comment-related issues, please speak up in this thread, and supply the following information:
- Since Monday, has it happened consistently, frequently, occasionally, or once in a blue moon?
- Have you noticed any sort of a pattern?
- Does it happen on a particular device or on all of your devices?
- Does it happen only when you use a particular browser, or device/browser combination?
Thanks in advance, everybody!
Update: I should have said this earlier, but… If you are not experiencing any of these issues, please share that in the comments, too!
Update 2: People reporting problems:
- Spanky: Windows 10 / Chrome (2, 4)
- Dangerman: Chromebook (2, 6)
- debbie: MacBook Pro / Chrome (2-4)
- Yarrow: ??
- BillinGlendaleCA: Windows 10 / Chrome
- p.a.: ??
- Mary G: Win 10, Chrome
- Ceci…: ??
- jeffreyw: Windows 10 / Chrome
- cmorenc: ??
- different-church-lady: older iPad, 10.3.x / Chrome
- Gin & Tonic: iPhone iOS 12 / Safari
- Doug R: HP laptop / Windows 10 / Chrome
- TS (the original): Windows 7 / Chrome
- Sloane Ranger: Samsung Galaxy S7 / Chrome (only 2 refresh to see comment issues)
- Roger Moore: Windows 7 / Firefox
- trollhattan: trollhattan: Windows 10 / Firefox
- Bes: Windows 8 / Internet Explorer
- Baud: Android ??? (visual autocorrect with Google keyboard)
- zhena gogolia: Mac laptop / Chrome
NotMax: Windows 10 / Firefox
geg6: iPhone 8 / iOS 13 / Safari
Cheryl Rofer: Windows 10 / Chrome (#1 sometimes and not staying in the right pace on refresh)
SFAW: Windows XP / /Chrome (1, 2, 4, 5, 6)
Ruckus: iMac / Safari (2, 4)
- Ohio Mom: iPhone 5 / ??
- Starfish: Android phone LG 5 / Chrome
- trollhtttan: Windows 10 / Chrome (different computer than at 17 above)
- jeffreyw: Android 9 Samsung S9 (more testing)
- JaySinWA: Chromebook / Chrome
Redshift: Pixel XL phone / Android 10 / Chrome
Amir Khalid: Windows 7 / Firefox (2, 3, 4, 5)
Jay C: old Dell PC / Windows 7 Pro / Chrome (2, 6)
Jay C: Windows 10 / Chrome (2, 6)
- J R in WV:
- something fabulous: MacBook Pro / Safari 13.0.3
- James Powell: MacBook Air / Chrome
- frosty: HP Notebook / Windows 10 and Apple iPhone SE Safari (mostly all good, see #246))
- Tomato Queen: Firefox 70.0.1 64 Bit, Win 7 Prof, Lenovo ThinkPad, AdBlock Plus
- Ozark Hillbilly: Windows 10 / Firefox
- Steeplejack: Android with Samsung browser
- Bobby Thompson: Windows 10 / Chrome
- trnc ?? (1, 4, 5)
- Villago Delenda Est: Windows 10 / Firefox (no edit window on posted comment)
- Tenar Arha: iPhone 6S Plus, iOS 13.2.3, Firefox 20 for iOS, Private browser window