Well, I gave it the old college try. Hatteras is still closed and it looks like this is not going to happen.
Duck and Corolla and other places north are open, and there are places there and the beaches are unscathed and it will be fine, but I’m not sure my travel companion wants to risk it and I don’t know how much I trust the rental insurance to pay me back what I spent on the Hatteras vacation. If they decided to screw me, which is always a possibility when you deal with “insurance,” then I would be out a large chunk of change AND have to pay for a new rental starting tomorrow.
I need to think about it. Grumble piss moan.