The latest “Key Messages” from the 11am advisory update from @NHC_Atlantic. Tropical Storm #Florence is expected to gather strength and become a major hurricane as it approaches the eastern seaboard of the US. Still too early to forecast direct impacts across central #NCwx. pic.twitter.com/pCJp0ofb38
— NWS Raleigh (@NWSRaleigh) September 8, 2018
Florence looks likely to be a big storm that will have a very good chance of coming ashore somewhere along the Southeast US coast in the middle of the week.
Couple of notes:
- Don’t panic
- Begin reviewing your hurricane plan
- Clean up your yard today as you need to do that anyways
- Check in with friends or family
- Use the wonderful resources at Ready.gov to go over your plan
- Check the news once today for a weather update
- Always carry a towel
Be smart, be safe.