For those folks still facing RSS issues, I’ve escalated this to our wonderful web hosts, Hosting Matters. They’re very responsive, very skilled, and are now helping solve this issue.
I’ve received a number of reports over the past week, but I didn’t respond to many of them. Just making sure that you issue-submitters know were heard, even if I didn’t respond directly. Normally I respond to all issue emails from the contact form, but in this case I had little to offer as I was gathering more information.
Since this issue affects more than one RSS service, I’m pretty sure that the issue isn’t something on our pages that sometimes causes their RSS parsing engine to puke. We’re now looking at HM’s security setup blocking automated requests and so mucking things up. Hopefully that’s it, and this issue will ease away over the next day or so.