As most people know, Senator McCain (R-AZ) had surgery on Friday to address a blood clot. He is in Arizona for at least a week to recover. Senate Majority Leader McConnell has rescheduled the vote on the BCRA for a week.
So what do we know now:
1) Paul and Collins are hard “No” who will not give a courtesy “yes” on a motion to proceed
2) Democrats won’t give a courtesy vote match (ie one Democrat not voting to match McCain)
3) The CBO will have gotten at least another week to score the Cruz amendment
4) More time to pressure expansion state Republican governors to pressure their Republican senators.
5) Sure nice to have good insurance to take care of problems when they pop up.
6) Time to call the Senate.