Just a few updates you’ll be happy to hear about:
- I’ve made a few small tweaks the past day or two and the site renders faster, the sidebar is improved, and a few other related things.
- The theme update will hit early next week. I am working on it right now. It’s a major change in the theme version, so I’m taking the time to make a few more styling changes and tweaking things that have always driven me nuts.
- Slight sidebar redesign will come as part of that.
- An improved Quotes function, more like the previous theme’s. Next week, I’m going to open a thread for suggestions to add to the current list to keep it from getting stale; I’ve already added “Not all heroes wear capes”.
- Coming soon, with/right after the theme update: Comment instructions/tips, new and improved
- Coming with that: A built-in filter to block commenters you wish to ignore*. No more Greasemonkey script, browser limitations, etc. It will work on all browsers that support local storage, but the list from one machine won’t be on another, so you’ll need to maintain your pie list on each device on which you read comments. Major thanks to cleek and Major Major Major Major.
- A few other treats.
* this is known as a pie filter. It turns comments from a commenter into ravings about pie, but for you only.
Open thread, and do join in for tomorrow’s noon memorial post for greennotGreen. I will be using that thread as the final chapter in a pdf I’m building for her family. It’s your chance to put into words how she touched you, or to point to a post or comment that you feel is important to include in that set of memories.
ETA: forgot to add, also adding an image slider plugin that will work on both the desktop and mobile themes. The current sliders are desktop only, thus leaving mobile users missing something great. That will be after 1-7.