As expected, the Feds in the form of CMS and HHS approved with some conditions the Healthy PA this is not really Medicaid Expansion, Medicaid Expansion waiver this afternoon. I have a game in a couple of minutes so here are the highlights.
- Go Live is January 1, 2015
- Expected to cover between a quarter and half a million people.
- Significant changes to current Medicaid in the form of collapsing various programs into far fewer groups, and different co-pay structures.
- Health Incentive/Wellness incentives in the form of lower co-pays
- No deductibles
- Premiums will be charged in 2016 and beyond for people making more than 100% FPL
- Work requirements watered down