How predictable are these mass shootings and their outcomes? Check out this freakishly accurate post by Doctor Science at ObWi:
Another mass shooting, this time in an elementary school in Connecticut. I am ill with horror.
Have some predictions:
1. The shooter will turn out to be male.
2. He will turn out to be white.
3. He will turn out to be angry at a woman, or women in general
4. If he’s angry at an ex (wife or lover), she either works at the school or he murdered her before going to the school.
5. More than half of the victims will be female.
6. The weapons will have been obtained legally.
7. There will be no legislation to make such weapons harder to obtain, stockpile, or use.
8. Most reliable of all: gun sales will increase, especially for the particular weapons used in the shooting.
I may not be right about all these predictions, but you can take that final one to the bank.
Let’s check how accurate she was:
1. The shooter was male.
2. The shooter was white.
3. He was angry enough at his mother to kill her.
4. He murdered her before going to the school.
5. According to the AP, all six adults were women, and 12 of the 20 children killed were girls.
6. By all accounts, the guns were legally purchased by his mother.
And it’s only a matter of time before 7 and 8 are validated.
And while this is going on, sociopaths have now decided that apparently it is time to talk about gun control- as long as you are talking about eliminating it. And because we are such a screwed up nation, they won’t be shamed into silence.