With a helping of gay-bashing.
Reggie Brown, the Barack Impersonator who debated Gary Johnson last Sunday yukked it up for white folks once again, this time at the Republican Leadership Conference.
From The Washington Post:
The impersonator, Reggie Brown, took the stage at the annual presidential cattle call to the Bruce Springsteen song “Born in the USA” — an allusion to the birther controversy.
A sampling of what followed:
• On Black History Month: “Michelle celebrates the full month. I celebrate half.”
• “My mother loved a black man,” but “she was not a Kardashian.”
• A picture was shown of Obama and the first lady when he took office. The impersonator then showed a picture of what the Obamas will look like when the president leaves office, and it was the characters of Fred Sanford and his sister-in-law, Ethel, from the show “Sanford and Son.”
Race wasn’t the only subject where the impersonator pushed the envelope.
• Of Tim Pawlenty’s decision not to criticize Mitt Romney at Monday’s debate: “[CNN’s] John King served him up a ball softer than Barney Frank’s backside.” (Frank is a gay member of Congress from Massachusetts.)
• Of Newt Gingrich’s approval ratings: Dropping “faster than Anthony Weiner’s pants in an AOL chat room.”
• There was also one moment where the original Weiner twitpic was shown on the large screens on either side of the impersonator, with no blurring.
Apparently Brown was interrupted and hastily ushered from the room. Presumably, these assholes are trying to get their story straight regarding whether or not this racist bullshit was pre-approved or whether Brown hopped on stage and started riffing — you know — like off the top of his head.
Blame it on the black guy. It works every time.
Fauxbama or Obama: One of ’em is to blame — somehow.
It’s going to be a long and angry road to the Republican primary.
Anyway, here’s a good Barack impersonation from Iman Crosson, whom I follow on Twitter and whom I doubt would participate in the sort of bullshit Reggie Brown has apparently signed himself up for:
And here are two videos of Kyle Grooms doing his best Obama impersonation:
[cross-posted here at ABLC]