Good stuff readers sent me or mentioned in the comments recently:
- A David Brooks column parody contest, titled “Lite of the Mind” for reasons I don’t understand. It all sounds rather repulsively good-natured to me, so maybe some of us can inject a little venom into the proceedings.
- This NPR segment on Chris Hedges’ Death of the Liberal Class is worth your time.
- A feel good story about the upcoming National Book Awards.
- I agree with reader blog Dolphin Kazoo about the Daily Show.
- This blog now has an ombudsman.
- And I’m sorry to slip such a weighty topic into light-hearted discussion, but it looks like we’re headed towards having ten teams in the baseball play-offs.