So, here are the proposed additions to the BJLex I’ve collected since Saturday:
Brooks Brothers Riot
FTW (add as a synonym to ‘This’)
He-Man Woman-Hater’s Club – Chris Matthews, Beltway Chapter President
Moderate – someone who gets all their news from network television
Movement Conservative (Adult Diaper Division)
Stay Classy, ___ !
TIDOS (Treason in Defense of Slavery) Conservatives
Up or Down (Upperdown) Vote
Won’t Someone Think of the Children? ! ?
Working the Refs – the process whereby prominent wingers excoriate media institutions for a supposed bias in order to keep said institutions on guard and, hopefully, force them to be more lenient on Republican ideology masquerading as legitimate analysis of daily events.
And of course the evolving dichotomies…
Conservative (1) “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” John Kenneth Galbraith
(2) People who don’t want to be informed – just affirmed.
(3a) A philosophy or system of government that is marked by stringent social and economic control, a strong, centralized government usually headed by a dictator, and often a policy of belligerent nationalism. Oh sorry, that’s the dictionary definition of Fascism.
(3b) Form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion. Oh, wait, that’s Robert O. Paxson’s definition of fascism.
(4) Anyone who believes the United States of America was placed on this Earth by the baby Jesus to bring free markets, handguns, and bibles to every dog-eating commie backwater on the planet.
(5) “Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.” John Stuart Mill.
Liberal— (1) Anyone with political leanings to the left of the John Birch Society, or any self-identified Conservative who has embraced reality, facts, or logic.
(2)”Someone unwilling to take their own side in an argument.” Robert Frost
(3) What Democrats are afraid to be.
(4) Someone who understands that magical pixie dust does not pay for Medicare, the military, and political antics. (Conservative: Someone who wonders how ‘those people’ get away with stealing all the magical pixie dust.)
(5) Those who believe that power should be exercised to enhance people’s lives. (Conservatives: Those who believe that power should be exercised to reinforce people’s prejudices.)
Further suggestions? Corrections? Links?